Veganuary shouldn’t mean skipping out in rich, creamy desserts. These coffee Panna Cotta (literally “cooked cream”) use our Ethiopia Yirgacheffe coffee, coconut milk and your favourite plant-based milk, to create an indulgent treat that happens to be easy on the planet!
400ml Coconut Milk
150ml Strong Coffee
(Brew 35g of coarse-ground coffee in a French press, with 250ml of water, for 5 minutes.)
150ml Plant Milk (We used Oatly Barista)
80g Caster Sugar
5g Agar Agar powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Bring to the boil, remove from the heat until it’s calmed down, return it to the boil and remove from heat again.
- Repeat this process 2 more times, for a total of 4 boils. It seems strange, but this is a necessary step to activate the agar agar powder!
- Pour the mixture into a heatproof jug, then carefully pour out into small pudding moulds, or larger wine glasses. Chill for 2 hours.
- To serve:
- If using moulds, dip each mould in hot water, run a knife around the edge of the Panna Cotta, and carefully turn out.
- If serving in wine glasses, dish up, perhaps with a sprinkle of cocoa or a drizzle of coffee syrup!